Sunday, June 29, 2014

June 2014 Birchbox

Okay, so I know I give Birchbox a hard time, but I really do like this box. In fact, this is my fave so far. I think (at least I hope) BB is going through some adjusting, trying to get to know me and what I like. It still bothers me that it takes an entire month to get here. I mean, if Ipsy can get it to me in a week, I don't really understand why Birchbox can't. Anyway, I finally had enough points to redeem for $10 off in the Birchbox shop! Every 100 points, gets you $10 off. It's super easy and fast to accumulate points with BB. I really wanted to get a full size of the Benefit  They're Real! Mascara because I love my sample from Sephora so much. I actually really like some of the products in the BB shop. I got some lash cards to help with my mascara application when I also want to have a shadow on so it doesn't ruin any of my other make up. The benefits of the BB shop are a lot like Sephora where you can get a lot of free stuff. If you spend $35, you get a Mystery Box (regularly $10) where you get one deluxe sample and one regular sample. If you spent $60, you could get free Skullcandy Bombshell earbuds (worth $49.99!). With Ipsy, you have to accumulate 1,000 points in order to redeem for one of a select few range of items (I think because Ipsy doesn't sell it's own items and goes through individual brands). So the BB points are a big plus for me, especially since you can accumulate them so quickly and the rewards are not limited to certain items.


Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Eye Shadow Palette Set - Sunset
Versatile range of rose-tinted shadows that will round out your beauty arsenal. There are four shimmer neutral colors in this pallet that I love! My skin favors neutral tones so this is great! Haven't tried it out yet, but I'm super excited to try it. The sample size is more like a deluxe sample, but not full sized.

COOLA Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face
Mineral based tinted moisturizer with lasting sun protection and a shine-free finish. Love the texture and sheer coverage. Another awesome product with sunscreen.

Joie Folle de Joie Eau de Parfum
A fresh blend of mandarin, rose, and sandalwood that evokes a carefree, summertime vibe. I really like this scent. It's not something I think I would buy, but I'll be enjoying this for a few weeks.

Perlier Body Cream -Shea Almond
From the Italian skincare brand, this nourishing cream rehydrates skin for a silky finish. This lotion reminds me of the brand Loccitane. Both the packaging and the product are similar to the Loccitane brand. It's super hydrating and absorbs quickly. Perfect for after sun dryness during the Summer.

suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser
Two-in-one cleanser and exfoliator that rejuvenates skin an smells deliciously lemony. I was so happy to be getting this because I really needed a scrub cleanser! With all the cleansers I have for my face, I haven't gotten a scrub to exfoliate my skin so I was so excited to try this. It has the scent and texture of a lemon skittle. It even dissolves on your skin like a skittle on your face. It is just what I needed to help exfoliate all my dead dry skin from my face, since I've been getting quite a bit of sun.


I know subscription boxes get a lot of crap for the small samples they give out, but I actually really like these. If I like an item, I can always purchase it from the BB shop and if I don't, I don't mind wasting the sample because it's not a lot of product. Plus, these sizes are perfect for carrying around in my school bag or purse and are great for travel. To each her own, but I love tiny things!

Updates on my BB purchases. So I accidentally received two deluxe sample sizes of my Benefit They're Real! Mascara instead of one full size and one deluxe sample, so I immediately sent them and email. Later, I noticed that a brush set I purchased isn't what was pictured and I wanted it exactly as pictured. So I sent another email. A couple days later, they sent me an email apologizing for the error, mailed me my full size, AND gave me 100 BB points... EACH! They did this for both emails I sent so they sent out two new products and I got 200 BB points! We'll see though, I haven't received these yet, but I'm excited about the excellent customer service I've received so far.

Once again, if you're interested in Birchbox, let me know so I can refer you!

XOXO,

Sami

No comments:

Post a Comment