Tuesday, July 15, 2014

FabFitFun VIP Summer 2014

Here's my first FabFitFun box, Summer 2014! I got a sneak peek at my products earlier this month and I was so excited with this selection of products.


Sonya Dakar Flash Facial ~ $95
This product was featured as the first spoiler for the Summer 2014 box. I've tried it over the past few days and I really love it! I think you have to give it a few days before you start noticing results. I wouldn't pay $95 for it but I'm happy I got to try it through this box.

pur-lisse pur-protect SPF 30 ~ $55
This moisturizer is smooth and creamy, perfect for oily or dry skin. It smells more like sunscreen than other moisturizers and I don't feel like it's worth $55. The product is supposedly full sized but looks more like a deluxe sample size. I will probably use up this tube because the product is really good for everyday use, but won't be ordering another.

Thursday Friday Away Mini Clutch/Makeup Bag ~ $35
I've never been a fan of canvas so this isn't going to make it into my personal collection of purses and bags. There is a picture of a white Chanel looking purse with the front view on the front and back view on the back. The inspiration for this collection is to be able to have the essence of a designer handbag for a fraction of the cost. I personally think this bag is cheap and does not nearly begin to take the place of a designer. A coupon for $30 off my next purchase was included, but I checked it out and shipping to HI is $19.95, so I would only be getting $10 off and you have to spend at least $35 to use the coupon and nothing on their site is appealing to me since I don't like canvas. If you're into canvas, use the code FAB30 to get $30 off your next purchase at thufri.com.

Balanced Guru No Frizz Oil ~ $25
I have so many hair products, my hair feels super healthy already. I saw this product in last month's Ipsy products but it's not one of the samples I received. I tried it and it doesn't rival any of my current products so I may be selling it.

FabFitFun Water Infuser BPA-Free Water Bottle ~ $15
I wasn't sure how to react when I saw I would be receiving this water bottle. This is supposed to be the "exercise" item in the box but I was expecting something more useful for exercise. When I got this, I opened it up and took out the infuser part and actually really like it. It holds quite a bit of water and says "Take life by the exercise balls!" on the side. Not sure if I'll ever use the infuser part, but I guess it's always nice to have options.

Zoya Nail Polish (Maya) ~ $9
I've tried this brand before and really like it. It goes on smooth, dries super glossy and only requires a coat or two. Maya is a peachy, bright pink color, perfect for Summertime. I have gel polish on all of my nails so I don't have a need for nail polish anymore and I wasn't a fan of this color, however, so I gifted it to a friend.

KISSTIXX Lip Balm (raspberry & lemonade) ~ $5.99
This could not have arrived at a more perfect time. Not sure why, but my lips have become annoyingly dry and flaky. So much so that they hurt; I've never experienced this with my lips before. They're not sunburnt but I think I may have had an allergic reaction to something. I was just going to purchase a new lip balm and so was my boyfriend, who frequently suffers from dry, chapped lips. The concept behind this product is to keep one and give one to your partner so that the compatible flavors will combine when you kiss. I kept the raspberry one and gave him the lemonade one. We have yet to kiss and mix the flavors, but I have tried putting one on my top lip and the other on the bottom lip. It tastes awesome. It also comes in the following combos: fire/ice, sweet/sour, pina colada/strawberry daquri, chocolate/strawberry and peaches/cream.

POPchips (sour cream & onion) ~ $1.29
These were excellent. If I see these in stores, I would definitely purchase these instead of regular potato chips. These snacks aren't fried or baked, they're simply "popped" using heat and pressure. Pop chips contain no preservatives, zero trans fats, no cholesterol, are vegetarian and vegan friendly. They come in a variety of flavors: original, sour cream & onion, barbecue, sea salt & pepper, sea salt & vinegar, and cheddar potato.

Skintimate Shave Gel (sponsored) ~ $1.99
I've always used this brand and I love this size. The full sized cans take a while to use up so this travel size is actually a perfect size for me and I'm glad to have a new one since I've just run out!

Always Xtra Protection Long Daily Liners (sponsored) ~ $1.50
As a girl, there is always a need for these. I will definitely be using these during my next visit from Aunt Flo.

Slimfast Have Your Cake... Meal Bar (sponsored) ~ $1
This bar was so tempting, I ate it immediately after opening my box. It was delicious! I may even get some in the store if I can find them.


I think I was happier with the sponsored items and food products. I won't be keeping everything in this box, but I think it was well worth what I spent. I even purchased a box for my mom at the reduced rate of $39.99 and she will be subscribing for the Fall box. I love the products I was able to try and will be selling the ones I don't plan on using. I'm pretty satisfied with the spread and FFF is definitely in the running for one of my fave boxes.

If you're interested in FabFitFun VIP, comment your email address below so that I can refer you!

XOXO,

Sami

No comments:

Post a Comment