Thursday, June 12, 2014

June 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag

Yesterday, my glam bag was revealed and today, it was in my mailbox! I'm so impressed that it's already here! I remember last month just staring at my products on my computer screen, hitting the  refresh button on the tracking page to see when it would come in. The shipping email came in today and by the time I opened it, it said my bag had already been delivered! It shipped out on June 6 and arrived today, June 11. This month's bag is designed by Rebecca Minkoff and feels pretty sturdy and durable. Super cute print and perfect for Summer!


Be a Bombshell Lash Out Mascara (7g) - Intense Black
I have been into mascaras lately since perming my eyelashes. I've been using a Benefit They're Real small sample size that I got as a bonus from Sephora, which I've liked so far but have been wanting to try other mascaras. I thought this mascara was going to be a deluxe sample size like my Benefit one, but I was shocked to see that it actually looks like a full size product (retails for $15!!!)! I put this on over my already mascaraed lashes and it visibly lengthened and recurled my lashes! It smells terrible though, like strong permanent marker.
(6/15) Not a huge fan of this mascara. While it has decent sized packaging, it doesn't seem to have much product in it. Either that, or the product is so viscous that it just doesn't come out on the brush. I've attempted to apply this multiple times to no avail.

DERMAdoctor DD Cream Dermatologically Defining BB Cream w/ Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (10 mL)
I've been getting so many of these BB, CC, whatever creams that I haven't liked. This DD cream is no different. It feels sticky like a sunscreen on my face. It has good coverage and a nice shimmer to it though, but I probably won't use it, unless in the sun.

Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray (45 mL)
When I opened my bag, this was the last product I took out and noticed that it had spilled during transit. I hate that! Oh well, it doesn't seem like much came out of it so there's still a lot of product to sample. It smells nice and beachy, like coconut vanilla. We'll see if it stands up to my thick, coarse, straight hair. It claims to give even the straightest hair a subtle wave. I actually permed my hair when I was younger because I wanted curls, but they always came out soon after and looked terrible for months! It would be nice if this could give my hair just a little texture. I used it on towel dried hair and it's nearly dry, still no deviation from it's normal straightness. Too bad.

Nicka K New York Shimmer Eyeliner - Green 
When I looked at the picture of my glam bag, I thought I was getting the blue eyeliner, but when I received my bag and opened it, I got green instead. I'm actually pretty happy that I got the green one. I was actually thinking that I would have preferred green because I thought it would match my skin tone better than the blue, so I was pleasantly surprised. It's really a nice, rich pigmented sea foam green. Green isn't a color I would usually use as an eyeliner or even shadow (usually stick with just a black liner and some mascara lately) but I'll try to incorporate this into my beauty regimen at some point. It's really liquidy and takes a while to dry, but dries metallic and is seemingly smudge proof. One of the things I don't like is the applicator. It's just a plastic stick and hurts like hell as it scratches your skin while applying.

NYX Butter Gloss (8 mL) - Eclair
Before receiving this, I was trying to figure out which color I would be receiving and watch some reviews of this product. I figured it must be good because all the videos I watched had all these girls with multiple tubes of the stuff, all in different colors. The texture of this gloss is super smooth, creamy and non-sticky. It really does feel like butter. I got the color Eclair, which is a very light petal pink, slightly more on the nudey side. It has a white background so it's not sheer and doesn't have any shimmer. It's really close to my skin color, kind of like my LAQA pencil from my May Birchbox, but more pink than orange. I like the texture a lot, but it feels like a gloss that will require constant reapplication. It's a full product though, so there's enough for many, many, many applications!


Super stoked to be trying all the fabulous products this month! All of the products included in this bag are things that I would never have tried if I didn't subscribe to Ipsy. And they are all very generous sample sizes or full products. I'm again really happy with this bag and contented knowing that even though I'm in Hawai`i, I'm getting my bag around the same time as all the other Ipsters! I already can't wait for my July glam bag! My June Birchbox is still in Indiana, my next glam bag might come before it does... Boo...

Interested in Ipsy? You should be! Let me know if you're ready to subscribe so that I can refer you!

XOXO,

Sami

No comments:

Post a Comment