Monday, June 9, 2014

Memebox Superbox #21 - Dermo-Cosmetics

So, I have a serious problem... It's really a disease. I have a Memebox addiction! After my first box, Luckybox #5, I bought more and more Memeboxes! I decided that I have to sell one thing from each box to kind of make up for how much I spent. BUT, I sold one of my Proactiv+ items that covers the price of a box so I get to keep EVERYTHING!!! I just need resolve for my addictive, obsessive tendencies. There was an incident with Memebox though. I'm not sure if their customer service people are proficient in written English or what but there was some confusion about additions to orders. I had ordered Luckybox #2 and #4, then Memebox added the Memebox Mask Edition #4 and Superbox #32 Bubble Pop Cosmetics that I wanted to add on to my original order so I could save on shipping. So I emailed them saying I wanted to add these on or cancel and add the two items and they politely responded that they will get back to me as soon as possible but they are having delays due to their holidays, totally understandable. I ended up just buying the two additional boxes because I didn't want them to sell out (these boxes all sell out so fast!) before hearing back from them. They emailed me days later saying they CANCELLED my Luckyboxes, which are both now sold out. Luckily, they told me they could reorder so I had to resend them the payment through PayPal. All that and I still didn't save on shipping. But now I know not to make trouble now, it just confuses them. But I digress... ON TO THE PRODUCT REVIEWS!!!!


I got Superbox #21 - Dermo Cosmetics. All the products in this box are supposed to be dermatologist approved and recommended. This box was recently relisted as Superbox #34 - Dermo Cosmetics #2 so if you're interested, check it out here: http://us.memebox.com/superbox/superbox-184#.U5ah9BaE6oo





Dewy Tree 7 Cut Facial Cream (50 mL) ~ $40
Dermatologist tested for sensitive and easily irritated skin. Dewy Tree 7 Cut Facial Cream uses only the most gentle and soothing ingredients to moisturize and relieve stressed skin. Free of the 7 harmful additives, this facial cream only contains natural ingredient to deliver ingest hydration, and improve elasticity. It is formulated with a hydrating, and radiance-boosting blend of 29 natural ingredients to defend against wrinkles, preserve collagen, seal in moisture, and soften the skin. Apply to clean skin twice a day, morning and night.
I now have so many moisturizers to try! This one goes on smooth and absorbs pretty quickly. It's very thick and doesn't have much of a smell, which is good for people who are sensitive to smells.

Dr. Oracle Real White Eye Gel Cream (20 mL) ~ $30
Your eyes can't keep a secret-they're the first to show signs of age and stress. Proven by dermatologists to prevent eye wrinkles and brighten the area around the skin, this eye gel cream contains Alpine Herb extracts and Whilte Flower Complex to improve the underye skin's all around texture and clarity. Upon application, the under eye area instantly appears brighter and dark shadows disappear for eyes that look younger, larger, and more awake. Apply gel cream below the eyes and above the brow bones. Massage into skin.
So I absolutely LOVE this packaging! It is so neat. It has a pump where one side is the finger part and the other side has a hole for the gel to come out but is kind of shaped like a spatula so you don't have to actually use your finger to apply it. Ditching the Dr. Jart eye cream I got in my Luckybox #5 to try this. So far, so good... even though I don't really have wrinkles or dark circles.
(6/10) Most eye creams/ointments/gels make my eyes hurt and gives me headaches. It feels like there's pressure building behind my eyes and it won't stop even if I wash off the product. The Dr. Jart eye cream did after a few days of use, but this one doesn't. Still don't know if it's doing anything for my eyes but at least there's no pain.

Dr. Oracle Easy Care Shiny Water Pack (50 mL) ~ $25
This was the first product I tried because it said "smoothing & brightening in just 10 seconds!" on the front of it. I thought, "how the heck can a product do that in 10 seconds" The directions are as follows: After cleansing your skin, apply a dime sized amount on we face and distribute evenly over the skin. Massage into skin for 10 seconds. Rinse off with lukewarm water for supple and ultra moisturized skin. Use under makeup for a dewy finish, or use alone for a naturally glowing look. It's supposed to moisturize, brighten, restore, replenish, and calm the skin with grape seed oil, jojoba oil, macadamia seed oil, olive oil, sunflower seed oil, avocado oil and annato oils. It was a really strange experience using this product. I used it in the shower (not sure if you're supposed to do that). I lathered it over my face for 10 seconds (maybe a little more) and when I went to wash it off, it came off in white clumps and felt like my face was melting. The texture was like that of coconut oil. After coming out of the shower, I immediately checked my face in the mirror and there weren't any white remains on my face. It actually felt smoother and moisturized. Not really sure if it brightened my face at all though.

Kangskin Beauty Multi Block Sun Cream (50 mL) ~ $42
This dermatologist tested sunscreen is perfect for everyday use because its vitamins A, B, and SPF 50+++ infused formula protects the skin from UV rays and free radicals. this high-performance sunscreen protects from the sun's rays, defending skin from photoacging and dehydration. Apply liberally to face and body at least 15 minutes prior to sun exposure. Reapply as needed.
Living in Hawai`i, you can never have enough sun block. This one looks and feels pretty good too. Just in time for Summer!
(6/10) I tried to use this as a regular moisturizer, which didn't work out so well. It feels really sticky, especially with the humidity. It has a very light, but pleasant scent, not like regular sunscreens. It takes a while to set into the skin and has a bit of tint in it, leaving a sheer white residue for a while. It says it's a sun block and whitening program and wound care blemish cover. It really is just a sunscreen and I'll probably only use it at the beach from now on.

Kangskin Beauty Scalp Treatment Shampoo (150 mL) ~ $18
This Scalp treatment shampoo is infused with stem cell activating ingredients to treat damaged scalp tissue and damaged hair ends for healthy hair growth. It is a fortifying boost for sensitive, thin, weak, and anemic hair, it serves as an ideal preparation for thinning hair treatments. Dab into wet hair, lather well, and rise thoroughly, use everyday or whenever needed.
I was shocked to see a shampoo product in this box! It's a pretty small bottle but the shampoo itself is very thick. I like the smell; it's very light, makes my hair feel nice and it doesn't get greasy throughout the day. Even with the weather being hot and muggy, my hair didn't get oily (which, is unusual for my long thick locks). I LOVE this shampoo but I probably won't use this everyday though. Like I mentioned before, I have a lot of thick hair so I'm not worried about thinning or balding, like EVER.

Kangskin Beauty Aqua Soothing Mask (1 ea) ~ $10
This facial mask is infused with stem cell activating and radiance-enhancing ingredients to promote healthy, hydrated skin. It balances the moisture level in the skin to clarify and condition the skin for enhanced radiance and supple skin texture. Spread along the mask sheet across your face and adjust the fit slightly by pulling up the slit parts so that it adheres to the face perfectly.
After my last experience with a mask, I'm a little hesitant... Maybe I have to lie down this time. Don't get me wrong, I love masks (duh, I bought the Mask edition), I think I just have to get used to this kind of mask with my tiny face.


This box was $39 and I got all full sized products that retail for $165!!! I am so incredibly happy to have found Memebox! I'm super excited to get even more Memeboxes! I love that I got such a wide variety of products to try. They all seem legit and work just like they say they will. The only problem is, I have so many new products, most days, I don't know which ones to use!

Look out for more reviews on Memeboxes this month!

XOXO,

Sami

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a great box! I've kind of discounted the Superboxes because they seem to vary so much and not all have been worth it but maybe I'll give them another look now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first Superbox, but I'm expecting more soon! You're right though @Joanne, there are so many different kinds, it really depends if you're in the market for products that target one beauty flaw. I hope my reviews have helped in your decision and please let me know if/what you purchase!

    ReplyDelete